The discussion over the past few weeks on the Yahoo! ICE forum confirms that our community continues to deal with issues related to the homeless in our area. I encourage anyone who is interested in discussing this topic to come out to our civic club meeting on Tuesday night at 7:30 PM at the St. Austin Center and participate in this community dialogue on what we can do about this issue.
Here is a list of the speakers that are participating on our panel:
- Houston Police Department, Homeless Outreach Team Members, Senior Police Officers Mansfield and Geraldo
- President and CEO of Coalition for the Homeless of Houston/Harris County, Marilyn Brown
- President and CEO of New Hope Housing, Joy Horak-Brown
- Harris County Constable Precinct 6 Officer
- Joseph Benson and Sharon Agee, Community Health Workers and former members of Houston’s homeless community
We are also conducting a donation drive for New Hope Housing. You may bring any of these items to the Idylwood Civic Club meeting on Tuesday if you would like to participate.
- Bathroom essentials (toiletries, including toilet paper, soap, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste);
- Bedroom essentials (including regular twin bed linens, regular shower curtains – new or gently used, clean condition);
- Kitchen essentials (pots, pans, flatware – new or gently used, clean condition); and
- Gift cards or cash donations that will support the direct needs of residents.
- Date & Time
- October 20, 2015 (7:30 PM)
- St. Austin Center
- 2002 South Wayside
- Houston, Texas 77023