6632 Merry Lane (Resource Number 0187, not pictured) was built ca. 1940 and represents a variation of the Colonial Style in which the primary façade contains a prominent front-facing gable, and is asymmetrical. This one-and-one-half story, three-bay cottage form is oriented toward the northeast. The front-facing gable is on the eastern end of the northeastern façade. Roughly rectangular in plan, the house sits on a pier-and-beam foundation with decorative cast stone foundation vents. It is wood frame with polychromatic brick cladding. A band of decorative brick runs across the frontfacing gable at the eave line, and a soldier course runs along the underside of the horizontal eave. A shed-roofed porch extends across the central and western bay at the northeastern façade, and is supported by square wood posts on brick piers. Lattice covers the opening to the crawlspace underneath the porch. The house contains eight-over-eight wood sash windows on the lower floor and a six-over-six wood sash in the upper half-story of the front-facing gable. The windows have brick sills, and applied shutters frame the openings. The single entry doorway contains the original wood panel door. Covered in composition shingles, the cross-gabled roof has flush eaves, and a narrow bargeboard with a decorative eave return appears at the front-facing gable. The landscape surrounding the house consists of grass, shrubs, old-growth trees, bedding plants, and a chain-link fence at the side yard. With little alteration, the house retains its integrity and is a contributing element of the historic district. An original garage is at the rear of the lot; it retains its historic form and function and also contributes to the historic district.
Primary Admin User