1734 North MacGregor Way (Resource Number 0119, not pictured), built ca. 1938, is a two story, five bay, buff brick veneer house on a slab foundation. The house contains elements of the Tudor Revival, Colonial Revival, and Spanish Eclectic styles. Oriented toward the east, it is roughly rectangular in plan and in keeping with Colonial Revival houses popular at the time. A circular second-story porch projects from the southern façade. This porch is shaded by a non-historic metal canopy, which detracts slightly from the appearance of the porch. The asymmetrical façade features six-over-six wood sash windows with flat and rounded arch lintels and sills of brick. A tall, stepped, front-facing chimney stands just to the north of the primary entrance, and is reminiscent of the Tudor Revival style. The door at this decorative brick entry is obscured by a wood screen door that may be original to the house. At the northeast corner of the house is a curved cheek wall with an arched entry into the side yard, a Spanish Colonial element. A narrow, front-facing gable on the southern end of the eastern façade features an arched opening with an iron balconet, another Spanish Colonial detail. The medium-pitch, side-gabled roof has a very shallow, closed eave, and is covered in composition shingles. The steeply elevated grade provides a lofty setting for the house. The landscape consists of grass, bedding plants, shrubs, old-growth and newer trees, and a non-historic brick and concrete screen wall at the southern end of the lot. The house has received very few modifications. It therefore retains its integrity and is contributing to the historic district. A garage at the rear of the lot is original and maintains its original function and form; it also contributes to the historic district.
Primary Admin User