6739 Meadowlawn Street (Resource Number 0173, not pictured) is an example of the Minimal Traditional form with subtle Colonial Revival influences, which was a common interpretation within Idylwood. Built ca. 1940, the house is oriented toward the southwest. It is a one-story, three-bay house with a rectangular plan, and rests on a pier-and-beam foundation. The house is wood frame and is covered in red brick cladding, with a soldier course at the roofline. The central and western bays contain two eight-over-eight wood sash windows with applied shutters. The easternmost bay of the asymmetrical façade is recessed and contains the entry, which has a modestly decorative door surround and the original wood panel door with fanlight. The side-gabled roof has a medium pitch, and is covered with composition shingles. The eaves are closed, with a simple cornice below. The grade is elevated, and the landscape consists of grass, trees, bedding plants, a low brick wall at the sidewalk, and a metal fence at the side yards. The house has been altered little and retains its integrity. The original garage retains its historic form and function; it stands toward the rear of the lot and, like the house, contributes to the historic district.
Primary Admin User