6739 Fairfield Street (Resource Number 0041, not pictured) was built ca. 1940 in the Colonial Revival style. The two-story, three-bay house is oriented toward the southwest, and features an asymmetrical façade. Square in plan, the house rests on a pier-and-beam foundation, and is clad in buff brick with decorative patterning. The windows are eight-over-eight wood sash with brick sills. The single entry features the original wood door. A one-bay, front-gabled porch has brick paving and is supported by brick piers. The medium pitch hipped roof features closed eaves, and the roof is covered in composition shingles. The elevated landscape contains grass, shrubs, trees, and bedding plants. The house has been little altered, except for craftsman detailing that is a later addition; it therefore retains its integrity and is a contributing element of the district. An original garage at the rear of the lot is significantly altered. It therefore is noncontributing to the historic district.
Primary Admin User