1905 Idylwood Drive (Resource Number 0053, not pictured) was built ca. 1940 in the Minimal Traditional style. The one-story, three-bay house is oriented toward the west, and features an asymmetrical façade. Irregular in plan, the house rests on a pier-and-beam foundation with decorative cast stone foundation vents, and is clad in polychromatic decorative brick and painted wood lap siding with a gable end vent. The house features a kicked-out brick soldier course at the eaves and an exterior brick chimney. The windows are eight-over-eight wood sash with brick sills. The single entry features a decorative surround, and a replacement glazed wood panel door. A concrete stoop with a bracketed front-gable roof extends from the entry. The medium pitch cross-gabled roof features flush eaves, and the roof is covered in composition shingles. The landscape contains grass, shrubs, trees, and bedding plants, with a metal fence. The house has been little altered and therefore retains its integrity and is a contributing element of the district. An original garage at the rear of the lot is little altered and continues in its historic function. It therefore also contributes to the historic district.
Primary Admin User