From the Idylwood Civic Club Bylaws:
ARTICLE II -ADMINISTRATION
- The Officers of the Club shall be the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Club and the Board of Directors. In the absence of the President, the Vice President, Treasurer or Secretary (in that order) shall preside at either of these meetings.
- The Board of Directors (Board) shall consist of the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary, the Treasurer, and eleven (11) Directors, who shall all have Membership in the ldylwood Civic Club.
- The affairs and management of the Club shall be conducted by the Board,
subject to this Constitution and By-Laws. The decisions of the Board shall be subject to review by the Membership upon written request to the Secretary by any five Owners. The decision(s) being reviewed shall be communicated to the Membership at the next regular meeting, and may be rescinded by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the Membership present at the first regular meeting thereafter.
- The President shall have power to call meetings of the Board at such times as he or she shall deem necessary, or any five members of the Board may call meetings of the Board.
- The President shall make a report annually to the Club.
- The Board may make such rules necessary for its own government and for the Club as will not conflict with the Constitution and By-Laws.
- The President shall be the Executive Officer of the Club and shall see that the Constitution, By-Laws and orders of the Club are carried out and enforced. The President shall perform the duties incidental and usual to the office, having always in mind the general welfare and usefulness of the Club and the community which it serves. The President shall be ex-officio member of all regular and special committees and shall appoint members to fill committee vacancies as needed.
- The Vice-President shall, in case of absence or inability of the President to act, perform the duties incumbent to the office of the President.
- The Treasurer shall receive all contributions to the Club, and shall deposit them in the name of the Club. The Treasurer shall carefully account for all transactions of the Club and make a full report of the same at the annual meeting or at any, including an independent audit as required by the Board.
- The Secretary or designee shall be present at all meetings of the Club and the Board. He or she shall keep minutes of these proceedings.
- The Secretary and Treasurer shall receive instructions from the President, and shall get the President’s approval before acting upon any business or affairs of the Club.
- The Secretary shall have the authority to purchase necessary stamps, stationery, supplies, etc. without approval of the Board or Club. All other expenses and disbursements, not considered routine business, shall require the approval of the Board before making such disbursements.
- Funds collected by the Treasurer shall be deposited in a bank selected by the Board, and shall be withdrawn over the signature of the Treasurer and either the President or Vice-President, only two (2) signatures being necessary.
- All regular meetings of the Membership of the Club may be held either within or without the confines of ldylwood Addition.
- Regular meetings of the Membership shall be held once each month. Special
meetings may be called at any time by the President or by a majority vote of the Board.
- A quorum for the transaction of business by the Club shall be ten (10) Owners. A quorum for the transaction of business by the Board shall be six (6) Board members.