Listserv E-mail Addresses
- Idylwood ListServ (Main)
- Idylwood Garden Club
Because a mailing list is a cooperative effort, we ask that you observe basic etiquette rules as follows:
Contributors should use the Subject line to provide a clear indication of the subject matter of their messages. This serves two purposes. First, it makes it easier for participants to decide which messages they wish to read, second, it allows us to link messages together by subject headings for the archive of listserv messages that we are building.
- Appropriate for this listserv is anything related to Idylwood, the East End, lot and found pets, items for sale or giveaway, recommendations for services or professionals, etc.
- Please do not post the following: virus or scam warning, jokes and cartoons, or general interest material.
- Keep messages short and well-organized and focused.
- Be clear in your expressions.
- Most importantly, reply only to the sender.
How to Subscribe
Fill out the form at the bottom of the home page or on the sidebar of any inner page (“Join Our ListServ”).
How to Unsubscribe
Fill out the form “Ubsubscribe to ListServ” located in the footer on the home page or on the sidebar of every inner page. You’re now off the Listserv.
In order to minimize duplicate e-mail messages please remember:
- Reply — replies to the sender only.
- Reply to all — replies to everyone, including the list.
- If you include the list in either the To, CC, BCC, everyone will get the message.
- Courtesy. Do not attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages or job postings. Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them.
- Use caution. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post any material that is defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, illegal, or violates any third party’s rights.
- Copyright. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to the material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Idylwood and users of the listserv the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and otherwise use the posted information or material.
- The Idylwood Civic Club does not actively monitor the lists for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings.
- Do not send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to the entire list. Instead, use your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” through the listserv. Instead, visit the footer of the Idylwood.org home page or the sidebar of any inner page and “Unsubscribe” to either one or all of the Iwyldood listserv lists.
The Idylwood Civic Club accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on any Idylwood listserv, except if posted by an Idylwood Officer or Director within the scope of their duties as such. Idylwood disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on any Idylwood listserv, whether posted by Idylwood or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event will Idylwood be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on any Idylwood listserv.